Schools are coming under increasing pressure to move to academy status. It is likely that in the next year or so, this will become a mandatory move.
To help governors and school leaders through this challenging change, INSPIR.ED and Merganser Consulting have come together to offer education profession based support for academy transition. This is in the form of project management consultancy. This can be tailored to your precise requirements, and we would normally expect to work to the Governing Body or the Headteacher.
This is what we can do:
- Help your school understand the options, and work through these in detail;
- Design a project plan for the transition, which suits your needs;
- Help you identify other like-minded schools to join in a Multi-Academy Trust;
- Work with you to prepare the DfE and EFA documentation and submissions;
- Work with teachers to identify the new demands and opportunities;
- Help you identify the specialist inputs you need (solicitors, property specialists and so on) to make sure your school gets best value;
- Keep the project plan on track to a successful outcome;
- Further support through the first few months, if required.
When you decide to move towards academy status, you will probably be inundated with commercial offers of support. Where we are different is that we come at this exclusively from an educational perspective. We want what is best for your children in your school, and this is at the top of our agenda.
Our aim is to relieve the burden of the time and effort required by schools to organise the transition so that they remain free to carry on with the core work of educating the children. (Managing the transition can easily divert heads and governors from the core task of educating the present generation of children.)
In working with other specialists, such as solicitors, we have your educational interest firmly at the forefront of the liaison so there is no compromise and your shared educational values prevail.
INSPIR.ED and Merganser Consulting (led by Jenny Short and Frank Courtney, respectively) have many years’ experience of working with schools in different and often challenging situations. Jenny and Frank have themselves both been teachers and governors, and have a wide knowledge of what makes schools succeed. They both lead teams with complementary skills and expertise, and this resource will all be available to help you through the transition, should you choose to work with us. The cost of our involvement can be borne by the grant you will get from the DfE for the transition.
The first step is a preliminary (obligation free) meeting and conversation, for which there is no charge. If you would like to talk to us please do get in touch.
|Contact: Jenny Short||Contact: Frank Courtney|
|e-mail: email@example.com||e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Phone: 01749 880323||Phone: 01249 652083|